Worst ProductsAuthor: IPVM Team, Published on Nov 03, 2018
Security integrators periodically report on their favorite and worst products to IPVM. These are known integrators who IPVM pays to answer surveys. Integrators respond with detailed comments on their selections. IPVM incorporates integrator feedback anonymously in reports, allowing us not only to identify worst manufacturers but also to share their explanations on problems.
Unlike any other security industry ranking, we have an absolute prohibition against any manufacturers using these results, to ensure that these results can be trusted. Please report any misuse to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily stop it.
Each report includes manufacturers rankings and dozens of integrator comments like:
- "Arecont, too many out of the box failures. Extremely poor technical service response when issues to arise, and not as "tech" friendly for ease of installation."
- "Pelco. The cameras and firmware are horrible. Too many problems with the cameras not working or needing to be upgraded. Many times the upgrades didn't fix the issue or caused new problems."
- "Hikvision. I have ten cameras (same model) on the same site under the same conditions. But every camera have different picture with the same settings. Also the WDR doesn't worth nothing."
- "Lenel PRISM VMS. Our customers had been unsatisfied. VMS is not stable, unestimated shut down of VMS at anytime without any reason. VMS is not user friendly and complex"
- Worst Camera Manufacturers 2018
- Worst NVR / VMS Manufacturers 2018
- Worst Access Control 2018
- Worst Manufacturer Technical Support 2018
Additionally, we have companion reports on favorite products.
1 report cite this report:
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.