Definitions and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to IP Video Market Info Inc. via the Website.
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data
- GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- IP Video Market Info Inc., or us: IP Video Market Info Inc., a company incorporated in the USA with an address of 1687 Kalaokalani Way, #219, HI, 96814;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by IP Video Market Info Inc. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to IP Video Market Info Inc. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, https://ipvm.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, IP Video Market Info Inc. is the "data controller". This means that IP Video Market Info Inc. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and company name;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Comments and survey submissions;
- The segment of the industry the member is in and the type of information the member is interested in (sales, technical, both).;
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
IP Video Market Info Inc. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our Use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Use of 'Undisclosed' Commenting
We support a feature called 'undisclosed' commenting that allows users to post comments where their name is not disclosed on the public website. While we do know who the undisclosed commenters are, we do not share undisclosed commenters names with others, without their express consent first. We do retain the right to disclose appropriate company or industry affiliations in light with our non-promotion terms of service.
Who We Share Data With
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - Information is shared with employees for customer support and for moderation of comments made on the site.;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - We use Stripe to securely process payments.;
Who We Do NOT Share Data With
We do not do accept not run any advertising so we do not share any of your data with any advertisers as is typical with media websites.
Moreover, we do not sell your data to anyone as is common with media websites.
Keeping Data Secure
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/ performance cookies
They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
- Session_id for tracking logged in users
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
- Has_recent_logins to simplify logging in for regular users
- Request_undisclosed to display users as undisclosed in chat
- Request_count to minimize the number of times displays are shown to users
- Referrer to allow users to refer other users and obtain credit for such referrals
Additionally, we share limited data with:
- Clicky for web tracking services
- Honeybadger for error tracking services
- New Relic for server optimization services
Date Updated: August 15, 2018
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.