The Authority On Video Surveillance
IPVM is the world's leading authority on video surveillance, delivering unmatched reporting, research, and test results.
Founded in 2008, we are independent and dedicated to objective information, we do not accept advertising, sponsorship nor consulting projects from manufacturers. We fund our work through our paid member's service.
What's Unique About IPVM?
- The most in-depth expert reports on security technology (5,700+).
- The only independent industry testing service (700+) providing critical analysis and rankings on leading products.
- A broad selection of software tools including our popular Camera Calculator and Camera Finder.
- The most comprehensive source for video surveillance education and courses.
Who Uses IPVM?
- IPVM receives over 200,000 visits per month.
- We have over 10,000 PRO Members from 100+ countries.
- The site is the most read and discussed resource by leading executives, designers, and technologists in the security industry, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to government security directors and the largest technology companies in the world.
- IPVM is cited by global publications ranging from the WSJ, BBC, the Financial Times, the NY Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, VoA and many more.
Who is IPVM?
- IPVM is a team of 12 with extensive experience working for security integrators, organizations, and manufacturers. We have dedicated specialists covering cameras, video analytics, VMS, IP networking, access control and more. We have no sales nor marketing people.
- IPVM was founded in 2008 by John Honovich.
IPVM has a 12,000+ sqft test lab in Pennsylvania, USA:
Why is IPVM Independent? Why Does It Refuse Advertising?
Advertising, especially in smaller industries like video surveillance, forces publications to self-censor, promote their advertisers (who are invariably selling products or services), and hide criticisms.
Being independent, we provide far more value to end-users, integrators, and even manufacturers, as we can reveal and uncover problems as well as better spot positive trends instead of being beholden to what advertisers want to be said.
How do I Learn More?
- This in-depth backgrounder explains IPVM, especially for PR/marketing people.
- This FAQ answers member and reader's common questions.
- Contact us if you need help.
How Do I Become a Member?