The Authority On Video Surveillance
IPVM is the world's leading authority on video surveillance, delivering unmatched reporting, research, and test results.
Founded in 2008, we are independent and dedicated to objective information, we do not accept advertising, sponsorship nor consulting projects from manufacturers.
Who is IPVM?
- IPVM is a team of 20 with extensive experience working for security integrators, organizations, and manufacturers as well as graduates from Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Lehigh, Northwestern, NYU, RIT, West Point, UPenn, and Yale.
- We have dedicated specialists covering cameras, video analytics, VMS, IP networking, access control, and more.
- IPVM research is cited in US Congressional reporting as well as global publications ranging from the WSJ, BBC, Financial Times, NY Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, VoA, and many more.
IPVM is now 12 years old, see some of our progress and achievements in that time in this video:
Where is IPVM?
We are based in Pennsylvania, USA. In 2019, we opened our 12,000+ sqft test lab:
Who Uses IPVM?
- IPVM receives over 300,000 visits per month
- We have over 10,000 PRO Members from 100+ countries.
- The site is the most read and discussed resource by leading executives, designers, and technologists in the security industry, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to government security directors and the largest technology companies in the world.
- IPVM offers live online courses where we teach video surveillance and access control based on our unique ongoing researching and testing- we've certified over 2,000 professionals.
Why Join IPVM?
- Read the most in-depth expert reports on security technology (5,700+).
- Unlimited access to the only independent industry testing service (800+) providing critical analysis and rankings on leading products.
- Use of a broad selection of software tools including our popular Camera Calculator and Camera Finder.
Independence is at IPVM's core
Advertising, especially in smaller industries like video surveillance, forces publications to self-censor, promote their advertisers (who are invariably selling products or services), and hide criticisms. We are different.
Being independent, we provide far more value to end-users, integrators, and even manufacturers, as we can reveal and uncover problems as well as better spot positive trends instead of being beholden to what advertisers want to be said.
How Do I Become a Member?
Additionally, IPVM provides private hourly consulting for those who need quicker and more personalized guidance. The rate is $150 per hour for all topics, except for financial analysis or financial organizations, for which the rate is $300 per hour.
Restrictions: (1) We do not offer this to any manufacturer nor any company we might cover to maintain our independence. (2) We only offer a limited number of consulting hours to any organization, as our focus is research, not project engagements.
Please contact us with your request and we will respond within 1 business day.
How do I Learn More?