Dahua recorders are being hacked and vandalized around the world, as confirmed by dozens of reports to IPVM since the attacks surged 5 days ago.
- If you have Dahua recorders and you port forwarded it (as they unfortunately recommend), check your recorders immediately for impact.
- Disable port forwarding immediately and block public access to these recorders.
- Try to upgrade firmware, if possible for your units, though Dahua regularly had challenges distributing firmware for various models and partners.
- If you have one of the many Dahua OEM recorders (e.g., ADT who we have confirmed multiple reports), disable port forwarding and contact your manufacturer.
- Dahua has still not made any public statement, continuing a trend of poor communication.
Inside, we share full details of the reports we have and the technical elements / vulnerabilities behind this.