This 14 page guide explains the key uses, design factors, and players in the large system surveillance market.
A global group of 80 integrators responded, each offering insights in selling, implementing, and maintaining video surveillance systems in the 100+ camera per system market.
Note: this is a companion to our Favorite Large System Cameras and Favorite Large Scale VMSes reports. For more market survey results, see our School Video Surveillance Guide, Hospital Video Surveillance Guide, and City Video Surveillance Guides for similar vertical reports.
We share these core insights on large-scale surveillance systems:
(1) Who Are Typical "Large System" Customers?
(2) What Is The Typical Resolution of Cameras On These Jobs?
(3) How Often Do These Projects Replace Cameras?
(4) Which "Large System" Features Are Most Popular?
(5) Are these Systems Always Awarded To Low Bidders?
(6) Do Large Systems Use Converged or Dedicated Networks, and Why?
(7) How Can Large Systems Be Improved?
Inside we examine each question in depth and provide the key findings their answers revealed about how the large system market buys and operates video.