This 31-page guide explains the key uses, design factors, and players in the City Surveillance market.
A global group of 60 integrators responded, each offering insights in selling, implementing, and maintaining metropolitan video surveillance systems.
Note: this is the second in our series. Also see: School Video Surveillance Guide
We found and share these core data on city surveillance systems:
(1) Most Common Camera Locations
(2) PTZ vs. Fixed Cameras Usage
(3) Most Common Camera Manufacturers
(4) Most Common VMSes Deployed
(5) Video Analytics Usage / Obstacle
(6) Wireless or Fiber Networking Selection
(7) Storage Types Selected
(8) Most Significant Installation and Power Problems
(9) Most Common System Integrations
(10) Primary Surveillance Goals
(11) Primary System Users
(12) Sources of Purchase & Maintenance Funding
(13) System Specifications Writers and Issues
(14) Biggest Surveillance Improvement Needed
Inside we examine each question in depth and provide the key findings their answers revealed about how Cities buy and operate video.