Hikvision aggressive pricing and marketing combined with generally reliable hardware and free software has made them a major player in video surveillance.
Now, Hikvision is ramping up their access control offering. How will it fare?
We bought Hikvision's two door controller, the DS-K2602 [link no longer available] and Hikvision branded readers, as shown below, to find out.
With this report, we cover these findings and more:
- 5 key strengths plus 5 key weaknesses
- Examining price competitiveness
- A teardown view image showing the inside of the K2602 Controller
- 3 screencasts of Hikvision's iVMS-4200 access management client
- Detailed examination of the video integration feature
- Initial cybersecurity review
Inside, we detail our findings on how well the system operates, where it is weak, and how it compares to other access systems.