Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision IVMS 5200 - A Competitor To Genetec And Milestone?

MM
Mark Momsen
May 28, 2014

Has anybody tested this product and have any feedback for me?

BG
Bob Germain
May 28, 2014

Mark- the product is not available in North America at this time. We have just started field testing at a few beta sites. It is a not a 4200 replacement as it is a higher level prodct.

MM
Mark Momsen
May 28, 2014

Hi Bob - Thanks for the reply. I am in South Africa and it isnt available here yet either, but I was hoping to get some feedback regarding the functionality and stability. I have an application with about 50 sites that need exception based monitoring in a central control room so was looking for a cost effective solution. My other option is Milestone but the costs are eye watering...

JH
John Honovich
May 28, 2014
IPVM

Mark, here's Hikvision 5200 VMS product deck.

It looks to be positioned as 'real' / 'open' / 'enterprise' VMS. Comparing to the existing 4200, here is their claim:

That sounds, to me, that the 5200 is going to be more of a Milestone / Genetec competitor (though certainly remains to be seen how significant or strong they can, as building an enterprise VMS is no small task for anyone).

We're definitely interested in testing this.

MM
Mark Momsen
May 28, 2014

Thanks John - its that .ppt that caught my attention, but I am struggling to find any real world deployments that can vouch for the claims. I have the hardware and am very keen to run any beta/prerelease versions and give feedback... I also have preliminary costing that doesnt scare me off and if it does what they say will be a very viable alternative.

JH
John Honovich
May 28, 2014
IPVM

Mark, besides price, are there any claimed features for the 5200 that is motivating you to select it?

I ask because, as you know, there are many mature, full featured VMSes on the market. Price is certainly a valid reason, don't get me wrong. I am just wondering if that's the main driver.

BG
Bob Germain
May 28, 2014

Mark- I cannot speak for the rest of the world, but it has been deployed in China. International release is starting to happen now. I do not know who your local Hikvision Office is- iSouth Africa may be supported out of teh Middle East office listed on our website. US pricing is not established. I do not know about other International Markets.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 01, 2014
IPVM

I've deleted both recommendations for other VMSes as they are off topic and the second one, being so short, is almost promotional.

JV
Jason Vidéo
Jun 01, 2014

Can someone explain what "client" refers to? Have used the IVMS with multiple sites and it works fine.

Mark what is "exception based monitoring in a central control room"?

MM
Mark Momsen
Jun 02, 2014

Thanks for all the replies. In essence I need an enterprise VMS that can monitor multiple standalone sites and push through alarms on whatever predetermined parameters are stipulated. I also need to generate logs, rules, standard operating procedures, centralized recording on events, mapping, automated patrols etc in a remote control room.

Milestone Corporate with Interconnect licences and individual Milestone (Essential, Pro whatever) servers on site is the obvious choice, but as mentioned earlier this is very expensive and the cost per channel is very high.

IVMS 5200 seems to have the same sort of features, but with a much lower cost, especially when it comes to the per channel cost. I have had very good results with the other Hik products and am happy installing them.

I have looked at NUUO CMS and Netfocus CMAS but am not convinced by either of these. Another critical thing is local support.

If no-one has anything further to add I will wait for a test version and let you know my results.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 02, 2014
IPVM

Mark, thanks for the detailed explanation. This definitely helps.

Basically, you want an enterprise VMS at an entry level price :)

For others, Milestone Interconnect allows one to buy inexpensive Milestone licenses (like Essential for $49 USD MSRP) and then for another $119 MSRP more to 'interconnect' them with Milestone Corporate (which is typically $300+ per channel).

If Interconnect is too expensive, it implies that Mark is looking for something under $150 USD, which for a true enterprise system is pushing it.

One approach is to negotiate with VMS vendors for discounts. If the deals are large enough, huge discounts are commonplace.

That said, members, if you have VMSes that meet both the technical and price constraints, feel free to share.

JV
Jason Vidéo
Jun 02, 2014

Hi Mark

The NUUO Main Console does allow for push notifications. Here is a link to an IPVM review done in 2009 Testing NUUO's IP Video Surveillance Software

[IPVM Note: That review is way out of date and does not reflect advances / improvements in NUUO]

BG
Bob Germain
Jun 04, 2014

Mark- please conatct me at bob.germain@hikvisionusa.com -- I have a contact for you if you are interested.

John Bazyk
Sep 19, 2014
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

Got this from Hikvision today. A little more information.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Aug 23, 2016

Hi,

Here is som distributed Deploeyment of iVMS-5200

iVMS-5200

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions