Milestone has quietly dropped Hikvision from their 'Elite Partners', less than 3 years after adding the Chinese government-owned mega-manufacturer.
This comes amidst rising criticisms of Hikvision, from mainstream global media and to UK and US elected officials.
Inside this note, we examine:
- Feedback from Milestone on why they made this move
- How it does or does not relate to cybersecurity and Hikvision's Chinese government control
- Hikvision's status with Milestone now
- What advantages Elite Partners receive
- Contrast to Genetec's expelling of Hikvision
- Hikvision's desire to grow partners
- Hikvision's promotion of its own CMS / VMS
- How this may impact Hikvision