IPVM To Disrupt Trade Shows With Launch of Online ShowsBy: IPVM Team, Published on Mar 17, 2020
IPVM is launching Online Shows, a series of ongoing events that allow sellers to pitch their offerings, moderated by IPVM, to IPVM members, that will disrupt trade shows. Watch the video:
Flipping Trade Show Model / Free To Sellers
We are flipping the model of trade shows. 'Exhibitors' / sellers can present for free, completely eliminating the exorbitant fees charged.
The problem with charging sellers is the host becomes beholden to them, incapable of critiquing or educating fairly. SIA / ISC and ASIS / GSX demonstrate this continuously.
IPVM Moderates Seller's Presentations
While sellers can present for free, IPVM experts will moderate all presentations, asking critical questions and pointing out general risks that buyers should consider. Moreover, the IPVM community will participate, bringing its collective wisdom to raise relevant issues.
Why Sellers Should Present
Not only do sellers get to present for free, they get access to the world's highest quality audience of video surveillance professionals (10,000+), a who's who of integrators, end-users, consultants and investors who pay IPVM for information.
As long as sellers are confident in the quality of their offerings, they should be excited for the opportunity to present to IPVM members.
How IPVM Members Benefit
Hearing seller presentations are valuable to understand what the seller is offering and how they approach the market. With IPVM experts moderating and the participation of the IPVM community, they get additional insights and perspectives about the value and fit of that seller.
Online shows will be included in IPVM membership at no additional cost.
Structuring Online Shows By Topic
We plan to run online shows once or twice a month on different topics. Unlike a physical trade show, constrained by the cost and time of traveling, IPVM will do this on an ongoing basis.
Planned shows include:
- New products - any seller that has a new product can present
- Product category - VSaaS or Facial Recognition or Drones or LPR, etc. any seller in the specific category can present
- Market segments - integrators or distributors or online sellers, etc.
The idea of doing 'shows' is to group related sellers so that someone interested in an area (picking a distributor or choosing a facial recognition vendor) could quickly, in a day or two, listen and ask questions at related presentations so that they could accelerate their buying decision.
First Show - New Products April 2020 - Submission Deadline is Friday, March 20th
Our first online show will run from April 14 - 16th covering new products.
Since most products are announced in the first few months of the year, this is a great opportunity for sellers to present and for buyers to learn more.
Any sellers interested, just email us at OnlineShows@ipvm.com with a brief description of the new product.
UPDATE March 24th: We have received over 70 submissions for 36 spots so we are still in the process of determining who and how to structure the show(s) and will update by the end of the week.
Why IPVM Benefits
We believe this brings 3 benefits to IPVM:
- Increased member retention: As we do when we release new shootouts or further develop our Calculator software, by improving and expanding our offerings, we give more reasons why members should continue to subscribe to IPVM.
- Expanded member groups: By providing more information from more companies, we believe more integrators and end-users will expand their group memberships with IPVM (whether that be from going to a single user to 3, 5, 10, etc.)
- New members: We believe that some industry professionals do not value testing or analysis as much as they do hearing from vendors themselves. By building an unrivaled collection of moderated presentations, we expect to attract more members from companies who have not yet joined IPVM.
Certainly coronavirus and the disaster of ISC West 2020 spurred the thinking of this offering. And if travel becomes riskier in the long term, this would make this even more valuable.
However, this is something that, viruses aside, IPVM should do. We have reached a critical mass of IPVM members where we can facilitate presentations that are educational and mutually beneficial for sellers and buyers.
Outlook For Trade Shows
We certainly do not think IPVM Online Shows will replace trade shows. Just like trade magazines and research firms still exist while IPVM has become the undisputed leader for video surveillance information, there is a role for trade shows.
There is clear value, especially for professional salespeople, executives and buyers to periodically meet in person. IPVM nor the Internet cannot replace that.
However, what IPVM expects to do here is enable buyers to less often have to go to trade shows and for sellers to become less dependant on trade shows for business development.
The industry needs an honest, independent broker to help facilitate smart buying and IPVM aims to deliver that.
Any questions, just email us at OnlineShows@ipvm.com.
IPVM Online Shows
So far, IPVM has successfully completed:
- New Products Online Show April 2020
- Start-Ups Online Show May 2020
- "Fever Camera" Show May 2020
- VSaaS Online Show June 2020
And our Access Control Show July 2020 coming up.