The US city, most famous in video surveillance for standardizing on Hikvision, has issued an RFQ for 962 Verkada cameras due Wednesday, May 1, 2019. We estimate the value to be one million dollars.
Verkada has quickly emerged as a rising power within the video surveillance industry, with a half billion dollar valuation and the industry's fastest growing sales organization.
In this note, based on our research and our talks with others close to the project, we look at the following:
- How they got specified in the RFQ
- How Verkada fits into the city's existing ~2000-camera Hikvision system
- The original awarded RFQ was canceled
- Compatibility with the Memphis PD Real Time Crime Center (MPD RTCC) not required
- Input from the city
- Input from the winner of the original bid
- Input from former MPD officer
- Research ongoing