Verkada has the fastest growing video surveillance sales organization ever.
In less than 2 years, they already have more salespeople in the US than any video surveillance manufacturer save for companies that have 1,000+ total employees and has been in business for a decade or two such as Avigilon, Axis, Genetec, Hikvision, Milestone.
We have been tracking their growth over this time, including speaking with their management and present this report that examines their growth and strategy including:
- How they have grown their sales team (and spreadsheet of sales team members)
- Why they are focused on inside rather than field sales
- Why "sales always own the relationship with end customers"
- How their sales organization compares to Arcules, Avigilon, Axis, Eagle Eye, OpenEye and more
- What deals they have won (based on us FOIAing various government contracts, totaling nearly $2 million)
- How fast their revenue growth is and what level it is at
- Why they are selling so much despite an underwhelming overall product (see IPVM Verkada test results) and even investor skepticism for the model
- Why they employ no industry / domain experts in their company
- How they are giving away Yeti tumblers and Apple TVs
- What problems and benefits we see with their ignorant aggressive sales tactics
- Why losing money now is not only not a problem but a benefit
- Why we expect them to raise a $40+ million round in the next year
- Challenges we see for the company