Training: Basics for the Video Surveillance BusinessAuthor: John Honovich, Published on May 17, 2010
This report provides a 48 minute video presentation that teaches the basics of the video surveillance business including:
- Size and structure of the market
- Manufacturers and Products
- Sales processes
- Market segments
- Investments and acquisitions
- Emerging trends
We receive numerous requests from investors, analysts, consultants and sales people who are looking to enter the video surveillance business. The goal of this presentation is to help these individuals quickly get up to speed with the key factors impacting success in this market. We provide a critical look that cuts through many of the confusing marketing claims of the business. Furthermore, we provide dozens of data points and pieces of advice to navigate the market.
A pre-requisite is listening to our 2 hour recording on the basics for using video surveillance or some real world experience using video surveillance.
More In Depth
The video presentation below provides an overview of key elements within the video surveillance business:
The video presentation references a number of documents and reports that we recommend for additional reading:
- General industry market statistics (not security or surveillance related)
- US surveillance segment breakdown details
- VMS market segment breakdowns
- Cost for video surveillance products
- Cost for technicians / installers
- Challenges selling surveillance / security
- 2010 Video Surveillance Investment Directory
- On-line sales issues
- Business Intelligence market tiny
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.