This report, including a 2 hour podcast inside, is designed to help those new to video surveillance learn the basics of using, selecting and justifying the purchase of video surveillance. Most importantly, we talk about real world limitations and issues that are regularly overlooked.
This podcast serves as the intro to our overall 10 part video surveillance training series.
Included Topics in the 2 hour Podcast
Key issues discussed include:
- What are the approaches to viewing live surveillance video?
- What are the major issues hindering live video monitoring?
- What are the benefits and limits of automated alerting?
- What are the most common types of investigations?
- How many cameras are used?
- What types of cameras are used?
- Where are cameras deployed?
- What are the key privacy issues impacting surveillance use?
- What types of use are unrealistic or science fiction?
- What types of products are used?
- What is motivating the move from analog to IP?
- How reliable are video surveillance systems?
- What type of maintenance is used?
- What does video surveillance cost?
- What is the value of video surveillance?
- Can you really prove ROI for video surveillance systems?
For Those New to Video Surveillance
This training is designed for those new to video surveillance. Experienced professionals will know these points and take them for granted. Review our over 50 video surveillance tests
which are designed to help the advanced user may better decisions.