Train Your Team With IPVM Courses From ExpertsBy Donald Maye, Published Mar 01, 2020, 05:44pm EST
You trust and use IPVM for reporting and research and you can also have your team trained by our experts.
One of the most common requests our support team gets is how members can get their co-workers or employees trained. This explains how and why.
Great For New And Junior Employees
Your new and junior employees may not have an IPVM membership and a lot of our reporting may be too advanced for them. However, our courses are a great way for them to learn the fundamentals guided by our teachers in live classes where they answer their questions and help them succeed.
The top feedback we get from course attendees is that the courses enable them to understand and communicate with senior industry people on key technical areas. Indeed, a number of companies have standardized using IPVM courses for new employees.
IPVM offers a variety of courses and here is where they have the most benefit:
- Video Surveillance 101 - the perfect course for employees without experience in video surveillance to quickly learn the basics across the board.
- IP Networking - For sales, management, support and others without a computing background that wants to understand how IP networks impact and are used in video surveillance.
- Access Control - The best course for access control companies or those coming from the video surveillance side who want to rigorously understand electronic access control.
- Camera - For those with video surveillance experience who want to understand surveillance cameras deeper and increase their expertise.
- Installation - The only course of its kind, for managers that want to improve their company's installs or installers that want to improve their skills.
Attending Courses Requires Memberships
While attending courses require an IPVM membership, there are a number of ways to obtain this:
- Invite your co-worker to a free membership month and then just pay $20 per month for as long as you want them to have access (a course takes 3 months to finish).
- Upgrade to a group (or larger) membership, save up to 50% per member versus the personal rate.
- Sign up 3 or more co-workers for courses and we will give each course attendee 3 months free to take the course. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will get this set up for you.
Get Updates Weekly on Your Team's Progress
Every Monday morning, you will receive an email with your team's progress including what quizzes they have taken, what scores they receive, how they are participating and more. That way, you will know how they are doing. Below is an example of the email you will receive:
When you sign up team members that are part of your group, you automatically get those weekly emails. If the team member signs up individually, just email email@example.com and we will manually set up the weekly progress report.
Custom Invoices and Payments Provided
Often companies need custom invoices or different payment options and we can easily accommodate that. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them what you need.
Private Courses Possible
Private courses just for your team members are possible. We still recommend that the course sessions be done over the course of 4 to 6 weeks to allow attendees time to study the material. If you want to set up private courses, just email email@example.com.
Passing Is An Achievement
Industry courses typically result in rubber stamp certifications that make it hard to know if the employee really has learned. IPVM courses are different. They are in-depth and require studying to pass. We routinely fail students who demonstrate they do not know the material. This way, you can be more confident that your employees are being educated and can better contribute to your team.
2021 H1 Live Course Schedule:
Winter Video Surveillance Installation
The Video Surveillance Installation Course will start March 9th, 2021. The class will meet 12 times over 6 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday) from 5pm to 6pm ET.
Winter Video Surveillance Analytics Course - New Course!
The Video Analytics Course will start March 30th, 2021. The class will meet 12 times over 6 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday) from 11am to 12 pm ET.
Spring Access Control
The Spring Access Control Course will start April 27th, 2021. The class will meet 12 times over 6 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday) from 1pm to 2pm ET.
Spring IP Networking
The Spring Networking Course will start May11th, 2021. The class will meet 12 times over 6 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday) from 11am to 12 pm ET.
May Video Surveillance 101
The Video Surveillance 101 course meets for 2 full days, Tuesday May 26th and Wednesday May 27th 2021 from 10 am to 5pm ET.
The same course materials (videos, tutorials, quizzes, assignments, exams) are now available for on-demand. Start whenever you want. Take as long as you want or finish as soon as you can. Learn more about each course:
- Video Surveillance Analytics Course On-Demand Overview
- Access Control Course On-Demand Overview
- Cameras Course On-Demand Overview
- Installation Course On-Demand Overview
- IP Networking Course On-Demand Overview
- Video Surveillance 101 Course On-Demand Overview
Every on-demand student gets a 20-minute phone call with an IPVM expert to get started and we offer 'office hours' every week to help any student learning the materials. More information and available courses can be found on the On-Demand overview page.
Watch IPVM's Courses Introduction
Back to Top