Bosch is betting tens of millions of dollars that their spinout SAST (Safety and Security Things) will become the defacto standard OS of IP cameras with an industry-wide app store fostering the mass use of AI analytics.
Simultaneously, a new Alliance, the OSSA has formed, with Hanwha, Milestone, Pelco, and Vivotek, joining Bosch.
Inside this note, based on IPVM's discussions with Bosch, SAST, and OSSA, we examine:
- Why this will either financially fail completely or generate a cash cow for Bosch
- The relationship between Bosch, SAST, and OSSA
- How SAST is being built
- What to expect from partners like Hanwha, Milestone, Pelco, and Vivotek
- Which apps to expect for IP cameras
- How this compares to Axis ACAP and how Axis is 'Apple' in this competition
- IPVM's expectation for SAST / ACAP
UPDATE: April 2019 - added new developments shown at ISC West 2019.