ONVIF is well known within the surveillance industry as an interface to connect IP cameras and VMS systems.
However, new users may find it confusing, with questions such as:
- Is ONVIF a standard?
- Why ONVIF?
- What does ONVIF do? What does it consist of?
- Who supports ONVIF? What does that mean?
- What are ONVIF Profiles? S vs G vs Q vs T
- How well does ONVIF work?
- Does ONVIF work with H.265?
- What about advanced features?
Inside this tutorial, we answer all of these questions. Note: If you are not familiar with APIs, you must read our API tutorial first as understanding ONVIF's capabilities depends on knowing how APIs work.