ISC West Bans Booth BabesAuthor: John Honovich, Published on Mar 22, 2018
Booth babes, goodbye.
Technically, ISC West banned them 2 years ago with a 'staffing attire' requirement but it looks like ISC West is going to actually start enforcing it in 2018.
Last year, there was an uproar over IPVM's report: The Sleaziest Booth Of ISC West - Rapid Response and our criticism of the company's booth babe lineup:
With 500+ votes on the poll, almost half found this acceptable and with 100+ comments, numerous industry professionals defended it:
- "The recent phenomenon of Politics and PC penetrating into the business world has been sad to see."
- "You guys clucking at this should take your skirts off. Businesses since the beginning of time have used shiny objects to get prospects within proximity to pitch them." [emphasis added]
- "This is SIN City don't like it don't go. Those girls at the show where beautiful and where in my opinion conservative but as soon as you walked outside man! oh man! what a show! all kinds of flavors. That Vegas. Grow a backbone and lets make America great again." [emphasis added]
- "As far as the sex and looks of these public relation professionals, I think that’s relatively simple. First the sex, well that’s pretty much a no brainer. The alarm dealer universe is likely 95% male dominated, so hiring qualified females really makes good business sense."
- "All this puritanical outrage is boiling down to the fact that the women were attractive and the necklines of their clothing exposed too much skin for their liking." [emphasis added]
- "So long as there are companies who choose to use this as a marketing tactic, and there are women, who by their own free choice, choose to accept the job as booth babe, let there be booth babes!" [emphasis added]
Attire Requirements for ISC West
In 2016, ISC West added 'staffing attire' requirements:
Evidently, contrary to their own rules, it was not 'strictly enforced' in 2017.
However, ISC West told IPVM now that:
We are currently communicating with all ISC West exhibitors to remind them of the policy for proper attire. It’s our hope that they will take the feedback from us, attendees, and the public to heart this year and if not, we will determine the best course of action to remedy violations brought to our attention. To that end, I can confirm that the rules for attire will be in effect again at ISC West 2018. It’s very important to us that our attendees feel comfortable during their experience at the show.
Vote / Poll
2 reports cite this report:
Related Reports on Trade Show
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.