IPVM interviewed 19 facial recognition providers at ISC West to understand their claimed accuracy, success and positioning.
9 from China, where facial recognition has received the most significant recent support:
- Dahua: "interest but not adoption"
- Facego: Big parent company, poor marketing
- Hikvision: Downplayed
- Longse: Fac Rec "Just for Show"
- Qualvision: "Frank Comments on NDAA, Face Rec Hype"
- Sunell: Bold Claims
- TVT: "that's gonna piss our customers off"
- ZKTeco: Claims World’s Best Facial Recognition, Calls Hikvision “Cheap Chinese”
Note: China's most prominent facial recognition providers, SenseTime, Megvii Face++, and Yitu did not attend ISC West.
And another 11 outside of China, mostly US, with one each from Australia, Japan, Russia, South Korea and Taiwan:
- Avycon: ''It Can Detect A Face"
- Axxonsoft: Frank Comments on 'Accuracy' Ratings
- Ayonix: Emphasis on Speed
- Ever AI: Positions Itself As China/Russia Competitor
- Deepcam: Selling $59 'Facial Recognition' Cams
- Faceron: Obscure Operations
- Geovision: 3D Face Map And Gender Recommendations
- iOmniscient: "20x Cheaper", Touts Chinese Army as Client
- Panasonic: 'We Beat NEC'
- Real Networks / SAFR: US Based Facial Recognition for Schools Solution
- Tough Dog: Tough Time Selling Face Rec Solutions
- Virdi: World's Best / No Evidence
Inside this report, we provide detail and analysis on each one plus trends found.