Directory of 40 VSaaS / Cloud Video Surveillance ProvidersBy IPVM Team, Published Jun 07, 2019, 09:32am EDT
This directory provides a list of VSaaS / cloud video surveillance providers to help you see and research what options are available.
2019 State of VSaaS Market
While overwhelmingly video surveillance is recorded on-premise, cloud recording is a growing option. In particular, cloud recording has become more commonplace in the consumer / residential space where bandwidth constraints are not as much of a concern and eliminating the cost of an on-site recorder is more attractive. However, on the commercial side, the maturation of smart codecs, on-camera recording, increases in upstream bandwidth availability reduce the barriers for larger camera counts. Additionally, development and marketing investments from inside and outside the video surveillance industry is increasing acceptance by end users and integrators.
Commercial / Enterprise Focused Providers
Below is a list of VSaaS options focused on the commercial/enterprise side. Note that many established VMSes do not offer cloud video recording:
- 1000eyes - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, cloud-based storage and management.
- 3dEYE - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording. Cloud-based management/access.
- Aegis AI - Open. Cloud-based recording, AI-based gun and knife detection. IPVM Aegis AI Profile
- Angelcam - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. IPVM Tested in 2015, product updated since our test.
- Arcules - Canon / Milestone spin-out, focusing on cloud VMS / analytics. Arcules Cloud VMS Tested
- Avigilon Cloud Services - Open, supports proprietary appliance and cloud connected ACC. On-site recording, cloud-based backup of selected video. Cloud-based management/access to appliances. Avigilon Merges Blue and ACC
- Axis AVHS - Proprietary. Cloud based recording and management. IPVM report Axis AVHS Analysis 2016
- Axis Guardian - Proprietary and limited number of Axis cameras supported, cloud recording and management. IPVM Axis Guardian Profile
- byRemote - Open, Cloud-based storage and management.
- CamCloud - Open, API integration with some models/brands, others supported via H.264 or MJPEG streaming. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Camect - Open, but requires on-site NVR, cloud management, no cloud storage. Claims to support cloud backup to Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Camio - Open, but typically utilizes on-site hardware. Cloud storage, with focus on analytics-enhanced search. Cloud-based management/access of video. IPVM Tested in 2016.
- ControlByNet - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording and management/access.
- CVMS - Open, but requires VMS integrations. Cloud storage for off-premise video backups.
- Duranc - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- EagleEye Networks - Open. Cloud or local recording, cloud-based management/access. IPVM Eagle Eye Test 2018
- Envysion - Local storage, video analytics, cloud-based storage and management.
- Genetec Stratocast - Open, but limited cameras supported. Cloud or local recording, local recording requires Genetec recorder. Cloud-based management/access of video. Genetec Cloud Tested
- Irisity - Open, hosted management and recording, focus on AI-cloud analytics.
- Ivideon - Open, cloud storage and/or local storage supported through Ivideon NVR recording software. They offer proprietary cameras but no appliances. Also cite ONVIF support through their NVR. (IPVM report 2014)
- IPConfigure Orchid Cloud - Open. Cloud-based management/access, on-premise recording.
- Manything - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. IPVM report April 2017
- Meraki (Cisco) - Proprietary Camera. On-camera storage, cloud-based management/access. Cisco Meraki Cloud VMS/Cameras Tested
- Mersoft - Open. Cloud-based management and recording, 3rd party video analytics support.
- Milestone - Open, AWS-hosted, cloud-based management and recording, Milestone Marketplace partner software supported. Milestone Launches Multiple Cloud Solutions
- Monuv - Open. Cloud-based management, video analytics and recording, 3rd party NVR support.
- Morphean - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, local storage, video analytics, cloud-based storage and management.
- NetRex - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, video analytics, LPR, cloud-based storage and management.
- Ocucon - Open. Cloud-based with facial privacy analytics. IPVM report July 2018
- OpenEye - Open. Local on-site recording, cloud-based evidence storage, cloud-based management/access. OpenEye Apex Cloud VMS Tested
- OzVision - Open, Cloud-based recording, sensor management, IoT Data platform.
- OWAL - Open, cloud-based recording and management, AI analytics. IPVM OWAL Profile
- Rhombus Systems - Proprietary cameras with on-board storage. Cloud video backup and management, AI analytics. IPVM Rhombus Systems Profile
- Solink - Open, local recording with cloud backup, cloud management, AI analytics. Solink Company Profile
- Strops - Proprietary Camera. Local recording. Cloud-based management/access. IPVM report July 2017
- Tyco (Exacq) Cloud - Cloud, local, and in-camera recording, cloud-based and local management/access. Smartvue Profile, Exacq's Cloud Drive Storage Tested
- VIAAS - Proprietary Camera. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Videonetics - Open, local and cloud storage, Cloud-based management, AI analytics.
- Verkada - Proprietary Camera. Local storage, cloud backup options. Cloud-based management/access. Verkada Cloud VMS/Cameras Tested
- VXG - Open. Local and cloud storage, cloud based management and AI-analytics.
By contrast, see Directory Of 110+ Video Management Software (VMS) Suppliers.
Consumer / Residential Focused Providers
Most, but not all, consumer-focused video surveillance products include cloud storage (at least as an option). Also, unlike commercial offerings, consumer ones are typically closed systems that only work with their own camera. Consumer / residential products include:
- Arlo Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Arlo Go Cellular Cloud Camera Tested
- Amazon Cloud Cam Tested
- Blink Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Blink XT Outdoor Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Hikvision Ezviz Tested
- Kuna Tested
- Nest Cam IQ Tested
- Ring Solar Stick Up Camera Tested
- Samsung SmartCam A1 Totally Wireless Tested
- WyzeCam Tested
- Yi 2 Intelligent Camera Test
VMSes Without Remote Cloud Access
These VMSes do not have remote cloud access, that is built-in software that allows the VMS to be viewed remotely without any port forwarding nor VPN:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below to add others to the list.
3 reports cite this report:
Back to Top