Directory of VSaaS / Cloud Video Surveillance ProvidersAuthor: IPVM Team, Published on Dec 15, 2017
This directory provides a list of VSaaS / cloud video surveillance providers to help you see and research what options are available.
2018 State of VSaaS Market
While overwhelmingly video surveillance is recorded locally / on-site, cloud recording is a growing option. In particular, cloud recording has become more commonplace in the consumer / residential space where bandwidth constraints are not as much of a concern and eliminating the cost of an on-site recorder is more attractive. However, on the commercial side, the maturation of smart codecs, increase in upstream bandwidth availability, has helped reduced the barriers for larger camera count deployments.
Commercial / Enterprise Focused Providers
Below is a list of VSaaS options focused on the commercial / enterprise side. Note that many established VMSes do not offer cloud video recording:
- 3dEYE - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording. Cloud-based management/access.
- Angelcam - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. IPVM Tested in 2015, product updated since our test.
- Arcules - Canon / Milestone spin-out, focusing on cloud VMS / analytics.
- Avigilon Blue - Open, but requires proprietary appliance. On-site recording, cloud-based backup of selected video. Cloud-based management/access of appliances. IPVM analysis September 2017.
- CamCloud - Open, API integration with some models/brands, others supported via H.264 or MJPEG streaming. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Camio - Open, but typically utilizes on-site hardware. Cloud storage, with focus on analytics-enhanced search. Cloud-based management/access of video. IPVM Tested in 2016.
- ControlByNet - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording and management/access.
- CVMS - Open, but requires VMS integrations. Cloud storage for off-premise video backups.
- Duranc - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- EagleEye Networks - Open. Cloud or local recording, cloud-based management/access. IPVM Tested March 2015.
- Genetec Stratocast - Open, but limited cameras supported. Cloud or local recording, local recording requires Genetec recorder. Cloud-based management/access of video. Genetec Cloud Tested
- Ivideon - Open, cloud storage and/or local storage supported through Ivideon NVR recording software. They offer proprietary cameras but no appliances. Also cite ONVIF support through their NVR. (IPVM report 2014)
- IPConfigure Orchid Cloud - Open. Cloud-based management/access, on-premise recording.
- Manything - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. IPVM report April 2017
- Meraki (Cisco) - Proprietary Camera. On-camera storage, cloud-based management/access. IPVM report October 2016
- Ocucon - Open. Cloud-based with facial privacy analytics. IPVM report July 2018
- OpenEye - Open, but requires OpenEye recorder. Local recording, cloud-based management/access. IPVM report September 2016.
- OzVision - Open, Cloud-based recording, sensor management, IoT Data platform.
- SmartVue - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Strops - Proprietary Camera. Local recording. Cloud-based management/access. IPVM report July 2017
- VIAAS - Proprietary Camera. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Verkada - Proprietary Camera. Local storage, cloud backup options. Cloud-based management/access. IPVM report October 2017
By contrast, see Directory Of 94 Video Management Software (VMS) Suppliers.
Consumer / Residential Focused Providers
Most, but not all, consumer-focused video surveillance products include cloud storage (at least as an option). Also, unlike commercial offerings, consumer ones are typically closed systems that only work with their own camera. Consumer / residential products include:
- Arlo Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Arlo Go Cellular Cloud Camera Tested
- Amazon Cloud Cam Tested
- Blink Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Blink XT Outdoor Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Hikvision Ezviz Tested
- Kuna Tested
- Nest Cam IQ Tested
- Ring Solar Stick Up Camera Tested
- Samsung SmartCam A1 Totally Wireless Tested
- WyzeCam Tested
- Yi 2 Intelligent Camera Test
Email us at email@example.com or comment below to add others to the list.
2 reports cite this report:
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.