Directory of 70+ VSaaS / Cloud Video Surveillance ProvidersBy IPVM Team, Published Jun 07, 2019, 09:32am EDT
This directory provides a list of VSaaS / cloud video surveillance providers to help you see and research what options are available.
State of VSaaS Market
While most of the 2010s saw significant opposition to VSaaS, now VSaaS offerings and adoption has increased significantly. Though it is still a minority of the market in 2021, we expect VSaaS, via managed offerings, to become the majority in the next 3 yeras.
Commercial / Enterprise Focused Providers
Below is a list of VSaaS options focused on the commercial/enterprise side.
- 1000eyes - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, cloud-based storage and management.
- 3dEYE - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording. Cloud-based management/access.
- Acti - Open. Cloud and local/hybrid options.
- Actuate (formerly Aegis AI) - Open. Cloud-based recording, AI-based gun and knife detection. IPVM Actuate Profile
- Agent VI: - Open. Cloud or on-premise real-time video analysis with alerts, video search, and business intelligence.
- Airship: - Open. Enterprise-focused security management platform, offers real-time asset tracking, dynamic mapping, and radio integration.
- Angelcam - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. IPVM Tested in 2015, product updated since our test.
- Arcules - Open. Canon / Milestone spin-out, focusing on cloud VMS / analytics. Arcules Cloud VMS Tested Arcules Favorability 2021
- AVA - Open. Ava end-to-end cloud-managed system, with their own cameras, NVR appliances, and deep learning analytics. AVA VMS And Video Analytics Tested Ava Camera Test
- Avigilon Cloud Services - Open, supports proprietary appliance and cloud-connected ACC. On-site recording, cloud-based backup of selected video. Cloud-based management/access to appliances. Avigilon Merges Blue and ACC
- Axis AVHS - Proprietary. Cloud-based recording and management. IPVM report Axis AVHS Analysis 2016
- Axis Guardian (Being discontinued after 2021)- Proprietary and a limited number of Axis cameras supported, cloud recording, and management. Axis Ending Guardian
- AxxonSoft - Open, DIY VSaaS solutions based on customer needs built on Axxon Next VMS, including 3rd party analytics where needed or requested. Axxon Presents VMS 4.4 and AI Behavior Analytics
- BluB0X - Open, Microsoft Azure-based video, access control, and alarm management platform with analytics. BluB0X Profile
- Bosch - Open. Supports proprietary and 3rd party cameras with multiple tiers including a free version.
- byRemote - Open, Cloud-based storage and management.
- CamCloud - Open, API integration with some models/brands, others supported via H.264 or MJPEG streaming. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Camio - Open, but typically utilizes on-site hardware. Cloud storage, with a focus on analytics-enhanced search. Cloud-based management/access of video. Camio Presents Coronavirus Social Distancing Analytics 2020
- ControlByNet - Open. Cloud or local/hybrid recording and management/access.
- CVMS - Open, but requires VMS integrations with a limited number of choices. Cloud storage for off-premise video backups.
- Duranc - Open. Cloud-based recording and management/access. Duranc Presents AI VSaaS
- EagleEye Networks - Open. Cloud or local recording, cloud-based management/access. IPVM Eagle Eye Test 2018
- Envysion - Local storage, video analytics, cloud-based storage, and management with a focus on restaurants and retailers.
- Evercam - AI smart cameras for remote construction project timelapse & site management.
- FLIR - Open, VMS with Cloud support and options to integrate with 3d party software.
- Genetec Stratocast - Open, but limited cameras supported. Cloud or local recording, local recording requires Genetec recorder. Cloud-based management/access of video. Genetec Cloud Tested; Genetec Synergis Cloud Link - Complex, Costly and Confusing
- Hik-ProConnect - Proprietary, with an option for paid cloud storage. Hik-ProConnect Examined
- Irisity - Open, hosted management and recording, focus on AI-cloud analytics.
- IntelliVision - OEM hosted video platform with AI object detection and facial recognition. Nortek Acquires IntelliVision
- Ivideon - Open, Hybrid cloud storage and analytics through Ivideon NVR recording software. Direct-to-cloud recording with their OEM Dahua cameras, Hikvision, and OCO cameras or using their Ivideon Bridge(Ivideon Russian VSaaS Profile)
- IPConfigure Orchid Cloud - Open. Cloud-based management/access, on-premise recording. IPConfigure Presents Orchid Fusion VSaaS
- iPRO VideoInsight - Open with license fees, free for with i-PRO Extreme cameras. Remote viewing available. Only for the U.S. and Canada.
- Ironyun - Open. Hybrid cloud AI analytics-focused security management software. IronYun AI Analytics Tested
- Meraki (Cisco) - Proprietary Camera. On-camera storage, cloud-based management/access. Cisco Meraki Cloud VMS/Cameras Tested
- Mersoft - Open. Cloud-based management and recording, 3rd party video analytics support.
- Milestone - Open, AWS-hosted, cloud-based management and recording, Milestone Marketplace partner software supported. Milestone Launches Multiple Cloud Solutions
- Mobotix - Open. MOBOTIX and ONVIF Cameras. Hybrid cloud management and storage with MOBOTIX Bridge for backup storage.
- Monuv - Open. Cloud-based management, video analytics and recording, 3rd party NVR support.
- Morphean - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, local storage, video analytics, cloud-based storage and management. 2016 Morphean Profile
- NetRex - Axis AVHS Partner, Axis cameras only, video analytics, LPR, cloud-based storage and management.
- Network Optix - Open. Network Optix OEMs VMS software with remote cloud access to many manufacturers including Hanwha. Network Optix Cloud Access Tested
- Ocucon - Open. Cloud-based with facial privacy analytics. IPVM report July 2018
- OpenEye - Open. Local on-site recording, cloud-based evidence storage, cloud-based management/access. OpenEye Apex Cloud VMS Tested
- Qumulex Open. Cloud, on-premise, or hybrid deployment for surveillance and access control. ex-Exacq founded Qumulex
- Rhombus Systems - Proprietary cameras with on-board storage. Cloud video backup and management, AI analytics. IPVM Rhombus Systems Profile
- Salient - Open. Salient has a VSaaS cloud version of their CompleteView VMS. Salient CompleteView 20/20 VMS Tested
- Solink - Open, local recording with cloud backup, cloud management, AI analytics. Solink Company Profile
- Strops - Proprietary Camera. Local recording. Cloud-based management/access. IPVM report July 2017
- Tyco (Exacq) Cloud - Cloud, local, and in-camera recording, cloud-based and local management/access. Unique for surveillance hardware-as-a-service offering. Smartvue Profile, Exacq's Cloud Drive Storage Tested
- Vcloud.AI - Open. AI powered cloud video surveillance and video analytics with IoT and automation.
- VIAAS - Proprietary Camera. Cloud-based recording and management/access.
- Videoloft (previously Manything) - Open with limited support, Videoloft's core offering is cloud video storage and remote mobile monitoring. Startup Videoloft Presents Cloud Storage
- Videonetics - Open, local and cloud storage, Cloud-based management, AI analytics.
- Verkada - Proprietary Camera. Local storage, cloud backup options. Cloud-based management/access. Verkada Video Analytics Tested 2020; Hostage As a Service - Meraki, Rhombus, and Verkada
- VXG - Open. Local and cloud storage, cloud based management and AI-analytics.
By contrast, see Directory Of 110+ Video Management Software (VMS) Suppliers.
Consumer / Residential Focused Providers
Most, but not all, consumer-focused video surveillance products include cloud storage (at least as an option). Also, unlike commercial offerings, consumer ones are typically closed systems that only work with their own camera. Consumer / residential products include:
- Arlo Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Arlo Go Cellular Cloud Camera Tested
- Amazon Cloud Cam Tested
- Blink Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Blink XT Outdoor Totally Wireless Camera Tested
- Camect "Worlds Smartest Camera Hub" Tested
- Hikvision Ezviz Tested
- Kuna Tested
- Nest Cam IQ Tested
- OWAL Profile
- Ring Solar Stick Up Camera Tested
- Samsung SmartCam A1 Totally Wireless Tested
- WyzeCam Tested
- Yi 2 Intelligent Camera Test
VMSes Without Remote Cloud Access
These VMSes do not have remote cloud access, that is built-in software that allows the VMS to be viewed remotely without any port forwarding nor VPN:
Email us at email@example.com or comment below to add others to the list.
3 reports cite this report:
Back to Top