Axis has lagged offering low cost IR cameras while their Asian competitors have made IR standard even in their most entry level cameras.
Recently, Axis has added the M2025-LVE, a 1080p outdoor, integrated IR camera that sells online for $300 or less. We bought and tested this camera.
In our tests, we matched up the M2025-LE bullet low cost IR model to the Hikvision DS-2CD2022WD-I and Hanwha Wisenet Q.
Areas we tested / compared:
- Full light video quality performance
- WDR video quality performance (outdoor opening / direct sunlight)
- Low light video quality performance
- Dark video quality performance
- IR coverage width quality
- IR distance delivered (close vs mid vs far image quality)
- Bandwidth consumed