The Authority On Physical Security Technology
IPVM is the world's leading authority on physical security technology covering video surveillance, access control, weapons detection and more; delivering unmatched reporting, research, and test results.
Founded in 2008, we are independent and dedicated to objective information and advocacy of ethical practices. We do not accept advertising, sponsorship, or consulting projects from manufacturers.
Who is IPVM?
- IPVM is a team of 25+ with extensive experience working for security integrators, organizations, and manufacturers as well as graduates from Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Lehigh, Northwestern, NYU, RIT, West Point, UPenn, and Yale.
- We have dedicated specialists covering a wide range of surveillance and security technologies
- IPVM research is cited in US government reporting as well as global publications ranging from the BBC, Bloomberg, the Financial Times, the LA Times, the NY Times, Reuters, the Washington Post and many more.
Where is IPVM?
We are based in Pennsylvania, USA. In 2019, we opened our 12,000+ sqft test lab:
Who Uses IPVM?
- IPVM receives over 300,000 visits per month
- We have over 15,000 Info+ Subscribers from 100+ countries.
- The site is the most read and discussed resource by leading executives, designers, and technologists in the security industry, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to government security directors and the largest technology companies in the world.
- Starting in 2022, IPVM offers 2 subscription services, our traditional Info+ and our new Research Service, explained below:
- IPVM offers live online courses where we teach video surveillance and access control based on our unique ongoing research and testing- over 2,000 professionals have gained IPVM Course Certificates.
Why Join IPVM?
- Read the most in-depth expert reports on security technology (7,000+).
- Access to the only independent industry testing service (1,000+) providing critical analysis and rankings on leading products.
- Use of a broad selection of software tools including our popular Design Calculator and Camera Finder.
Independence is at IPVM's Core
Advertising, especially in smaller industries like video surveillance, forces publications to self-censor, promote their advertisers (who are invariably selling products or services), and hide criticisms. We are different.
Being independent, we provide far more value to end-users, integrators, and even manufacturers, as we can reveal and uncover problems as well as better spot positive trends instead of being beholden to what advertisers want to be said.
How Do I Become a Subscriber?
Learn more about IPVM subscriptions now.
How do I Learn More?
- This in-depth backgrounder explains IPVM, especially for PR/marketing people.
- This FAQ answers subscribers' and readers' common questions.
- Contact us if you have more questions (you'll speak with Ben, Katie, John or Kyan).
Share a Tip
Do you know about something that IPVM should investigate? We want to hear from you. Contact us to share a tip.
Back to Top