Poll Results and Webinar Recorded VideoBy: John Honovich, Published on Apr 20, 2011
On April 20th, nearly 100 IPVM Pro Members participated in a webinar discussing 'Winners and Losers Spring 2011'. Interest from members focused heavily on PSIM and analytics.
We start with a brief overview and provide the full 1 hour recorded webinar in the Pro section.
We conducted a few straw polls with interesting results. While these are definitely NOT scientific in any way, seeing the consensus of a fair number of knowledgeable surveillance professionals was revealing.
Here are a few of the results:
1. A PSIM Owned By ADT:
- 12% More Likely to Use / Recommend
- 41% No Impact
- 47% Less Likely to Use / Recommend
2. Importance of PSIM Being Independent
- 43% Very
- 38% Some
- 19% Not Much
[Note this triggered an interesting discussion on whether unprofitable small PSIM providers were actually less independent than those part of a larger financially strong organization.]
3. What Impact Will ObjectVideo's Lawsuit Have on the Video Analytics Market?
- 21% Positive
- 32% Neutral / None
- 47% Negative
Inside the webinar, we referenced a number of reports in our discussion. For your review, they are:
- Winner and Losers Review
- New Products Spring 2011 Directory
- ADT - Proximex Review
- Axis 'Panoramic' Camera Review
- ObjectVideo Lawsuit
- ObjectVideo Funding and Future Review
- AgentVi's Auto Calibration Release
- Hikvision vs Milestone Test Results
- 55% Yes
- 25% No
- 20% Maybe