A decade ago, PSIM was hot with projections then of a billion dollar market by now. This has not come close to happening. However, Vidsys, one of the original PSIM providers is still around.
While the company's long-time CEO and Founder James Chong departed in April 2019, the company's new President Maurice Singleton shares with IPVM his outlook for moving the company forward.
Inside this note, based on our interview with Singleton, we discuss the following topics:
- What was behind the departure of the former CEO
- Why growth/expansion plans include The Middle East, but not China
- Who they see as their competitors
- How they feel about a move downstream to turnkey
- How 'narrowing focus' will help them see 'steady improvement'
- Who their typical customer is
- How the numbers leave room for 'fine-tuning'
- Why starting small and growing is the norm
- New tech and operations going forward