"Severely Impacted" Mercury Security 2020 Leap Year Firmware Issue
One of the largest access controller manufacturers has a big problem: February 29th.
Mercury Security, owned by HID, is alerting partners of the problem that will have a severe impact caused by not being able to handle 2020's upcoming 'Leap Day' if not fixed quickly.
IPVM spoke with HID about the problem, and we share their feedback inside, including:
- An Overview Of Mercury's Severe Leap Year Date Issue
- Which Mercury Security Intelligent Controllers Are Impacted
- Mercury's Instructions For Fixing The Problem
- Which Access 'OEM Partners' Use Mercury Hardware
- How To Quickly Check If Equipment Is Vulnerable
- Do Dealers Plan To Eat Service Costs To Fix?