One of the biggest access control deals in years.
Mercury Security, the most widely used access hardware OEM, and partner to 20+ manufacturers, has been purchased by Assa Abloy / HID Global [link no longer available].
In this note, we examine:
- The Deal Rationale
- Price and Valuation Estimates
- Why Mercury's Vendor Neutrality Key
- Profile of seller - ACRE
- Detailed response from ACRE CEO
- Analysis of value to HID
- Why Partners are relatively relieved about this outcome
- Risks to Mercury about HID's control