ADT's largest authorized dealer, The Defenders, has been sued more than 20 times since 2012, IPVM has verified through analyzing legal records.
In February 2019, we examined how ADT And 'The Defenders' Silent About Massive Complaints and was tipped off to numerous lawsuits by ex-Defenders employees.
In this note, we examine:
- 20 lawsuits reviewed (with a spreadsheet and links to complaints and answers from court records)
- 3 key themes: Employee Grievances, Customer Grievances, Violations of the TCPA
- How one plaintiff asked for a permanent injunction on ADT and Defenders to combat their "unconscionable contracts"
- Most cases settled out of court
- Response from the Defenders And ADT
- ADT sued in half of these cases, as well