Former Memphis PD Surveillance Manager, Lt. Joseph Patty retired months ago, but kept busy during his decades on the force, working to build up the city's surveillance infrastructure from a couple dozen to thousands of cameras to help fight the city's high crime rate.
Patty spoke with the Wall Street Journal in 2017, discussing Memphis' use of Hikvision cameras. Now, Patty speaks with IPVM about his experience building that system and looks at the following topics:
- 2,000+ Hikvision camera network a 'valuable asset in fighting crime'
- Aggressive build out
- 600+ camera locations citywide
- Citizen buy-in
- $2.5 million in donated cameras
- Cameras mean a drop in crime
- Favorite form factors
- Leveraging Ring
- Combatting crime with analytics and LPR
- Working with IT
- 24/7/365 Command Center
- Where Policing technology needs to go