With 40+ years of experience in IT from a wide array of verticals, including US and foreign military, and large corporate and industrial settings, retired IT professional Richard Buckmaster now applies his years of experience in security and IT to help out his church. He has volunteered to manage the technology needs of the growing church campus—with four buildings and a new 27,000 square foot facility being just one planned addition—and is looking to bolster security measures and keep his fellow parishioners safe by building out a comprehensive surveillance system.
Based on our interview with Richard, we look at the following topics:
- 40+ Years of experience
- Need for cameras is the 'New Norm'
- Protecting a large campus
- Too small for the nationals, too big for the locals
- Integrator reliance on Hikvision a problem
- Integrator lack of product depth
- It's not what we want, but it's what we need to do
- AI possibly offering a false sense of security
- Need for compatibility-based standards