Now, 2 weeks since large-scale hacking attacks commenced against Dahua vulnerable devices, we analyze Dahua's response.
On the positive side, Dahua is clearly trying to respond, providing information and help to those impacted. However, Dahua is still struggling with a number of fundamental elements, including:
- Unclear of what vulnerabilities is being used in the hacks
- Unable to provide a complete list of models impacted
- Releasing more firmware fixes but not certain that all models are covered
- No post hacking dealer notice and misleading public statement
- Delayed but improving OEM response