Why The Cloud Is Net Negative For Integrators
The cloud will be a net negative for integrators as it transfers power to manufacturers that are becoming large cloud service providers while enabling new local, lower-price competitors.
However, the cloud is inevitable and overall benefits security and surveillance users, so integrators must understand and adapt to these changes.
In this report, we will explain:
- The Pro / positive case for how the cloud could benefit integrators
- Four negative drivers of cloud against integrators
- How demoing / trials change
- How selling changes
- How installation changes
- How support changes
- Understanding the impact of lowering barriers to entry and increasing disintermediation
- Access Control Vs. Video Surveillance
- What role drones and robots can play
- Picking partners friendly to integrators / avoiding certain providers
- How the process will take many years
- Strategy for older integrator owners
- How to be realistic and manage the change
- 20-question quiz
This is the companion report to 2030: The Coming Dominance of Mega Cloud Physical Security Providers, and it should be read before reading this report.