Axis has released their first IR multi imager, the P3717-PLE, a repositionable model listing 360° IR illumination and flexible positioning, addressing major limitations of their first generation P3707-PE. We bought and tested the P3717-PLE to see how it performs, examining:
Has aiming/positioning improved since their first generation?
- How flexible is imager positioning?
- How does it compare in size to Axis' original multi imager and competitors?
- How do low light/IR and daytime details compare to others?
- Is IR coverage even and does it reach its specs?
- How do bitrates compare to the first generation model?
- How well is its VMS integration to Avigilon, Exacq, Genetec, Milestone and NxWitness (+ Hanwha/DW)? How many licenses does it use?
This is the second in a series of new repositionable multi imager testing. Readers should also see our test of Hanwha's PNM-9000VQ and look out for an upcoming test of Avigilon's H4 multi sensor.