The "old" Arecont was infamous not only for its camera failures but for making their "partners" fight to get them fixed. IPVM drew the ire of Arecont especially for our 'worst' camera manufacturer rankings where beleaguered partners would vent about product and support 'failures'.
The "new" Arecont, post-acquisition by US company Costar Technologies says things are different. One integrator spoke to us about how he had some camera failures in early 2019 and how Arecont fixed it and how it was different from his previous experiences with the company.
In this note, based on our talks with Arecont and the integrator, we examine the following topics:
- How working with Costar was no longer a fight
- How they don't push VMS or network failures back on integrators anymore
- How American-made helps
- How support has changed
- What the details of the Arecont failure were
- What the details of the project were
- Company overview
- How aggressive pricing helps them compete against Hikvision and Dahua