Subscriber Discussion

What Was The Brand That Made The $100,000 PTZ?

Jerad Carrier
Apr 24, 2019

What was the brand of the camera that cost $100,000 again? I am just wondering who would pay that much for a PTZ? We install PTZ's here at Integrated Security Solutions but nothing that extreme. And what reason would anyone need that camera for? 

JH
John Honovich
Apr 24, 2019
IPVM

Maybe you mean this: Aqueti 100MP Mantis Camera Profile

Or?

Lynn Harold
Apr 24, 2019

Maybe it was a Dallmeier?  Or this model from Hikvision?

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 25, 2019

I sold several ~$200,000.00 PTZ cameras at dealer cost.   You would need to be more specific ;)

Jerad Carrier
Apr 25, 2019

It was the camera that was on a ball shape and had I believe 48 5mp cameras in it. If I remember correctly it had like 4billion mega pixels or something crazy like that. What I was wondering where would this be a need for? The camera I am talking about was in either the last class video or the video before last towards the end of the class video.

John Scanlan
Apr 25, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I believe there were two that were  brought up.  The 240 mp panoramic camera.

Then the Aqueti gigapixel camera.

aqueti picture

Hal Bennick
Apr 25, 2019
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Didn't Sony make a crazy PTZ that was installed at the Circuit of the Americas racetrack in Austin?

Jerad Carrier
Apr 25, 2019

Yes that's it John. So where would you need a camera such as this one?

Jubal Routley
Apr 25, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Our PTZs (Infiniti Electro-Optics) range from $2,500 to $100,000+ depending on the configuration. When you start adding cooled thermal, gyro stabilization, 2000mm+ zoom lenses, long range ZLID laser illumination, and laser range finders it's certainly possible to end up with a $100,000 or higher price tag. 

Military, police, border security, navy, and airports are generally the clients for these systems.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions