Let me tell you something: as a person whose company is involved weekly in reporting that impacts large companies, industries, and even government regulation, if you are a professional in doing so, you thrive under the pressure of saying the right things and not saying the wrong things. You sweat each word and debate at great length the accuracy, fairness, and risk of what you say. And you do it proudly and unquestionably.

So when PR people whine about this, I have zero sympathy for them. Here's the "Editor in Chief at PR Daily" opining:

IPVM Image

I don't follow PR publications, but I do follow Michael Gutierrez, the guy Hikvision hired after his stint at defending multi-level marketing company Herbalife.

Gutierrez has spent the last few years (I would suspect making hundreds of thousands of dollars annually) trying to defend Hikvision, which continues to be caught with ethnic oppression technology, even this week: Hikvision Violates Pledge, Ethnic Minority Analytics In Latest Platform

And Gutierrez says essentially nothing publicly, but he works with Hikvision lobbyists in DC (whom Hikvision pays tens of millions) trying to defend the PRC government-owned and controlled company, sanctioned for human rights abuses.

So when you complain that it's "hard" and that people be "kind" to you, sorry, not sorry.

You're paid to defend bad actors. You know or are willfully ignorant about these things, and you should be held accountable. Take the racks of hundred-dollar bills these organizations pay you to do so and dry your tears.