While dedicated fever cameras emerged first, now tablet/kiosk fever detectors are ramping up.
China's ZKTeco has been aggressively promoting such devices, even pitching it to IPVM members at the April New Products show.
We bought and tested their device, the SF1005-V+ to see how well it performs., examining:
- ZKTeco's accuracy compared to an IR thermometer.
- What impact does height and distance have on temperature measurements?
- Accuracy of mask detection.
- How do ambient temperatures impact measurement?
- How quickly can temperature measurements be made?
- Impact of glasses, hats, and long hair covering the face.