With Wyze's new AI feature, it is strong at analytics, but how good is the camera's image quality? Is it just as good as incumbents like Axis, Hikvision, and Nest?
To find out, we tested the Wyze Cam V2 against $100 options from each, the Axis Companion Eye Mini L and Hikvision's Value Express D12F dome, along with popular consumer/DIY option Nest, examining:
- How does daytime image quality compare to Axis, Nest, and Hikvision?
- Does the Wyze Cam meet its 30' IR range spec?
- How does it perform in the dark, with IR on?
- How does it perform in low light color (~2 lux)?
- How does compression/quantization compare to others and does it impact image quality?