$20 camera disruptor Wyze has released free person detection deep learning analytics to all of their users, claiming users will "Only get notified when it matters."
We bought a Wyze Cam and Wyze Cam Pan to test this new analytic and see how it performs, testing:
- How well does person detection work? Does it miss people day or night?
- How does walking/running speed impact detection?
- Do nuisance sources like lights, shadows, foliage, and animals trigger person detection?
- How difficult is the analytic setup?
- How does performance compare to Nest Cam IQ?
- How does performance compare to Hikvision Intrusion analytics?