When we originally tested Wyze's free person detection deep learning analytics in July 2019, they performed well, with few false alarms, but a long 5-minute cooldown period which caused missed alerts.
[UPDATE: days after releasing this updated test, XNOR.ai has terminated their agreement with Wyze and XNOR.ai's analytics will be removed from Wyze firmware in early 2020.]
Now, they have released a new paid Complete Motion Capture plan which eliminates the cooldown.
To see how Complete Motion Capture impacts performance, we tested multiple Wyze Cams examining:
- How does this new plan improve person detection?
- How well does person detection work? Does it miss people day or night?
- How does walking/running speed impact detection?
- Do nuisance sources like lights, shadows, foliage, and animals trigger person detection?
- How difficult is analytic setup?
- How does performance compare to Nest Cam IQ?
- How does performance compare to Hikvision Intrusion analytics?