Wireless sensors for burglar alarm sensors are an increasingly common option for the historical labor intensive wired alarm systems.
However, there are numerous elements and tradeoffs involved in using wireless sensors.
In this guide, we explain these in detail including:
- How wireless sensors can help cut labor costs
- Benefits of using wireless sensors in residential
- Factors in picking wired vs wireless sensors
- Advantages of wireless sensors
- Disadvantages of wireless sensors
- Dealing with proprietary wireless devices
- Common wireless frequencies
- Common wireless battery types
- Understanding the role and use of wireless receivers
- Hacking wireless sensors
- Considering encoded / 2-way supervised wireless sensors