The white light camera segment continues to grow, with new entrants from Dahua, Tiandy, and Uniview, and new generations of Hikvision's ColorVu.
To see how these new models perform and what issues they have, we bought and tested:
We also bought residential two-lamp floodlights and commercial area lights in order to better simulate common real-world applications and challenges.
In this 20-page report, we examine:
- How even is white light illumination coverage?
- How does illumination power relate to coverage?
- How do cameras perform with subjects moving through the scene?
- How do flood lights, commercial building lights, or car headlights impact performance?
- Does WDR have an impact on cameras using white light illumination?
This shootout is leading up to our planned 2021 Low Light Color Shootout and a planned shootout of White Light vs. IR Illumination, coming soon.