This is the biggest WDR Shootout ever, with 23 cameras from 8 manufacturers:
We included true multi-exposure WDR and non-WDR models, ranging from 1080p to 4K, low cost to high, to see how they compare and examine key trends in WDR in 2019.
Cameras tested included:
Note: We test new cameras weekly and other cameras not included will be WDR rated/ranked as we release new test reports.
Our testing evaluated performance in common WDR scenarios such as this door entrance:
In this report we examine:
- Which camera models perform best and worst overall?
- How does 2019 WDR performance compare to 2015?
- How does decibel (dB) rating impact real world performance?
- How does WDR impact color fidelity and saturation?
- Does WDR performance impact low light performance?
- What impact did manufacturer optimizations have on WDR performance?
- What difference is there between high motion/variable and static WDR scenes?