Which VMS offers the best way to upgrade VMS software versions? Who makes it simple and automated and who forces you to figure it out on your own?
In this report, we answer these questions, examining the upgrade capabilities for Avigilon, Exacq, Genetec, Milestone, Network Optix/Digital Watchdog and VideoInsight.
We answer the following questions:
- How are end users notified of new versions, if at all?
- Does each server have to be update individually or all servers at once?
- What about Clients upgrade process?
We discovered the following top differentiators:
- New Release Notification: Some automatically notified users upon logging in to the VMS client, one let you check from within the VMS client while others were completely manual.
- Multi Server Updates: Only 2 VMSes offered the ability to update multiple servers at once, the rest require each server to be updated manually- time consuming and inefficient.
- Client Update: Some VMSes notified the client when the server was updated, and others expected users to check manually for latest versions.