Vivotek has released "a neural network-powered detection engine", named Smart Motion Detection, claiming that "swaying vegetation, vehicles passing by, or animal activities in the scene will no longer trigger" events.
IPVM tested this on Vivotek's FD9391-EHTV, examining:
- How accurately does it detect humans walking, running, and crawling through the scene?
- Does it avoid false alerts on animals, foliage, rain, and other common outdoor sources?
- Does it avoid false alerts on shadows, lights, and other common indoor sources?
- How far can it detect people?
- How difficult is Smart Motion Detection to set up?
- How well does it integrate with various VMSes?