Startup Visual One, backed by Silicon Valley's powerful Y Combinator, aims to be "Your 24/7 Watchman" with advanced analytics and object recognition for people, children, pets, wildlife, and more, working with their own OEMed cameras and compatible with Nest Cams.
IPVM tested Visual One analytics with our Nest cam examining:
- How does this object detection work in real world scenes with animals and common objects?
- Does it ignore common indoor and outdoor false alert sources?
- Does it misclassify people or animals?
- Can it detect people crawling, running, and obstructed?
- How hard is it to set up an event?
- What PPF levels are required for detection?
We also obtained feedback while testing and prior to publishing from founder Mohammad Rafiee.