Verkada suffers from numerous video quality problems, not found in commercial IP cameras, new IPVM testing of Verkada vs Axis and Hikvision shows.
Fundamentally, the problems originate from Verkada using a decade-old approach to streaming. instead of a modern VBR/MBR, smart codec implementation.
- Heavy nighttime detail loss compared to competitors in low light
- Significant detail loss in daytime scenes compared to competitors
- Reduced detail in WDR scenes due to artifacts on moving objects
- Higher bandwidth consumption than competitive cameras
- Live and playback stream buffering issues
- No user adjustable compression or image quality controls
We explain each one inside with images and videos demonstrating the issues.