This week, Verkada released "People Analytics", including face analytics that they describe is a "game-changing feature" that "pushes the boundaries of enterprise video security".
To see how these new analytics perform, we tested them with our Verkada D40 Minidome, examining:
- How well does it detect people?
- How well does it analyze clothing color?
- How well does it identify male and female appearance?
- How well does it detect and analyze faces?
- What distance/PPF level is required for detection?
- Does it incorrectly identify vehicles/animals as people?
- How well does it perform in low-light and IR illuminated conditions?
- What Verkada cameras support this feature?
- How are people analytics enabled and configured?
UPDATE: See Verkada Video Analytics Tested 2020