Is the new Uniview 'Prime' better than the more expensive existing Uniview 'Pro'?
In August, IPVM tested Uniview 4K 'Pro' but members advocated for us to test the new Prime Series IPC3238SR3-DVPZ model.
To see how this newer model performed against the Pro series, we bought and tested the DVPZ, examining:
- How does this updated 4K model perform in full light (~400lx), low light(~2lx), dark (~0.02lx), and WDR scenes?
- How does it compare to the Pro Series IPC3238ER3-DVZ in these scenes?
- How does U-Code smart codec H.265 bandwidth compare day and night?
- How well does it integrate to VMSes?
- How does pricing compare to competitive 4K domes?
This is the latest in our continuing series of 4K camera testing, see these other recent tests:
Avigilon H5, Illustra Pro Gen 3, and Vivotek's FD9391-EHTV are coming soon. Suggestions? Let us know what other 4K cameras we should test.