Turing Video has made aggressive moves in 2021, hiring 30+ Hikvision USA employees and an ex-Honeywell president, and is now distributed by ADI, but how do their cameras actually perform and who makes them?
In an IPVM LinkedIn poll, most respondents voted that Hikvision made them, but is this true?
To find out, we bought and tested two Turing cameras, the TP-MED5M28C (5MP fixed lens, integrated white light) and TP-MFD8M28 (4K fixed lens, integrated IR), along with the Turing TR-MRP08T 8-channel NVR, examining:
- How does image quality compare in full light (~200 lux), color low light (~1 lux), dark (~0.01lux) with IR on and WDR scenes?
- Are noise and/or blur issues in low light scenes?
- How well does the camera integrate with VMSes?
- Does the web UI have any usability issues?
- Were there false alarms on lighting/shadows?
- How does the NVR perform?
- How does Turing compare to Dahua/Hikvision offerings?