Has Axis found its breakthrough differentiator? Can they demand a premium for this?
Axis claims Zipstream can "lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average 50% or more."
We upgraded the firmware on the Axis Q1615 we first tested last September to test Zipstream.
Here is a 1 minute preview of the Zipstream test:
Undoubtedly, Zipstream can drop bandwidth consumption dramatically but here are the big questions:
- What type of image quality degradation exists and when did it occur?
- How much bandwidth consumption savings exists?
- What mostly drives the bandwidth consumption savings - the dynamic RoI compression or the dynamic GOP variation?
- How does Axis Zipstream compare to the most efficient bandwidth cameras on the market and to other bandwidth savings modes (like Arecont and Vivotek)?
- How might it compare to H.265?
- What type of issues occurred with VMSes?