Temperature tablets, aka terminal or stations, have emerged as a 'low-cost (~$2,000) alternative to fever cameras, looking as a comparable bargain.
However, IPVM testing of 9 different tablets has shown significant problems, most notably widespread rigged temperature measurements.
Inside this report, we shootout the following devices we have already individually tested:
Moreover, this covers a wide range of various relabellers using Bems, Telpo, TVT, etc., see Exposing Fever Tablet Suppliers and 40+ Relabelers
Inside this report, we answer:
- What devices had the best and worst temperature accuracy?
- What accuracy problems did the devices have?
- What key factors drive accuracy?
- How did usability (such as height, distance, and time) vary in measuring subjects across devices?
- How well did mask detection work?
- Which software had better or worse capabilities?
- What operating systems and potential cybersecurity vulnerabilities did we find?
- What, if any devices, we recommend?